What is a Mentor?
As a Mentor you will contribute to the success of your Club, make new friends and build new skills. By making yourself available to a Mentee you will be sharing your play experience and furthering the reputation of the Club as an inclusive, welcoming sport regardless of skill level.
A Good Mentor is:
• a person who provides a Mentee with the tools, guidance, support, and feedback required to learn and enjoy the game. Anyone at any skill level can be a Mentor.
• a role model and ambassador for both the game and the Club. The Mentor understands the game, can share game fundamentals and has a good working knowledge of the Club’s policies and procedures.
• a player that has a love of the game and is willing to share their knowledge in an open and enthusiastic manner.
• available for questions and play with their Mentee at a mutually agreeable time .
• a player that is willing to provide feedback in a constructive and respectful manner
Mentors can assist Mentees with goal setting by observing play or drills and identifying areas for improvement. Skill recommendations to the Mentee can include referral/introduction to the Partner Coach for professional play instruction when appropriate. A Mentor may have one or more Mentees.